Sunday, April 20, 2014

This Blog is about Frogs

I found a frog today. I like frogs. I was afraid I had killed this particular frog with the lawn mower, so when I found that it was still alive, I picked it up and trekked back to the house to show the family. Now, about halfway back I questioned this act, as it would seem that I am a little too old to be showing off common wildlife to my parents. I justified my actions and, as a result, I created the following quiz to help you avoid confusion and determine if you are, in fact, too old to show off a frog (or any other fun wildlife) the next time you find one:

1.) Are you over the age of 13?
     a.) Yes --> proceed to question 2.
     b.) No. --> everyone thinks a kid showing off a frog they caught by themselves is cute. You're good.

2.) Have you ever caught a frog before?
      a.) Yes --> proceed to question 3
      b.) No. --> you have accomplished one of life's greatest feats. You're good.

3.) Have frogs been seen or captured on this property before?
      a.) Yes --> proceed to question 4
      b.) No. --> you found a new species of animals living on your land. You're good.

4.) Are you a professional, unfazed when the frog inevitably leaps from your hands and nearly gets loose?
      a.) Yes --> proceed to question 5
      b.) No --> shout ahead to the group as you approach, and make sure someone has a camera as you scream like a little girl when the frog escapes your grasp. You're good.

5.) Is the sum of the digits of your age more than 13? (Ex. I am 26. 2+6=8)
     a.) Yes --> Take that frog back to the house. If you're that old, there's a good chance you have kids or grandkids who would appreciate the sight. Even if you don't, all of your family members who are at/around your age will be impressed you didn't break anything as you caught said frog.
      b.) No--> You can say the sum is your "young at heart age," and since it's less than 13, you're good.

In case you didn't notice, there is no reason why you should not show off when you catch a frog.

Have a wonderful Easter, and enjoy this beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment