Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vacation

Vacation- noun- an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.

In the midst of a whirlwind of a Friday morning, it dawned on me that three weeks from that day, I would be counting the hours until my flight left Charleston for home.   More accurately, I would be fretting and fussing over whether or not I could get all of my errands taken care of before my flight left Charleston for home.  But either way, I would be very close to my flight leaving Charleston for home!

I always look forward to my vacations, or even days off, but lately I've been longing to do so many things that can only be done in Ohio, and the wait may literally be killing me.  My kidneys revolted last week and threw a few rocks at me, but since I've sufficiently recovered, I'm back to making lists of everything I want to do.  Here's a brief look at my list:

I want to wake up in the morning and hear robins, mourning doves, and red-wing blackbirds.  (I do not want to hear mockingbirds!)

I want to take a nice, long walk at a park and not fear that poisonous snakes will jump out at me.

I want to sit in the backyard and hear nothing- no cars, no neighbors, no jets, nothing.

I want to go to Rocknes, eat Marie's Pizza, grab some Asiago Cheese Bread from Buehler's, and I MUST have a hot fudge sundae from Bidinger's.

I want to go to my aunt's house, where I will laugh until I cry, be covered in dirt from head to toe because I rode on 4-wheelers and ATVs all day, and watch the sun set in the south.

I want to see my best friend.  I will kidnap her away from others if necessary.

I want to sit down and talk with my grandparents.

I want to catch fireflies and play with sparklers.

I want to play fetch with Chloe, let Kitty sleep on the couch with me (don't tell Sheryl!), and curse at Perro when he almost trips me while I'm walking down the stairs.  I will inadvertently scare Allen and then not see him for the rest of the trip.

I want to watch Whose Line clips on YouTube with my mom and sister.

I want to use key phrases in conversation so that my Dad will start singing all of those songs he knows, and watch my sister roll her eyes in response to this.

I want to think of some grand and glorious plan for my 25th (!) birthday.

Lastly, I want time to fly in between now and the beginning of vacation, but to be the longest week on earth when the time comes.  (In a good way, of course.)

I don't think I'm asking for too much.  Have a great night everyone.  See those of you in Ohio very soon, and if you have anything you think I should add to my list, let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment