Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Typical Tuesday

I spent Monday night writing in my Passion Planner, using washi tape to make cute little charts and graphs, and utilizing at least eight of my ten highlighters. I love being organized. I like the feeling of control, the sense of accomplishment, and the presence of peace that it brings. But that was Monday.

Today is Tuesday.
Today I woke up at 8:00 a.m., which was a problem because I had wanted to leave for work at 7:00 a.m.
Today it was raining and the dog didn't want to go outside. (which meant he had already gone potty inside the house)
Today I chose my pants and my cardigan by determining which had been worn least since the last laundry day.
Today I chose my breakfast not on nutritional content, but by portability potential. So I had string cheese, a juice box, and fruit gummies.
Today I stepped out into the garage and realized that I had left my garage door open ALL NIGHT LONG.

For the first five minutes of my drive to work, I gave myself the usual lecture about how there's no excuse to be such an irresponsible adult at the age of 29. I, as usual, agreed with the points I was making and agreed with myself that I would make necessary adjustments to my behavior and daily schedule. (I am very persuasive when talking to myself.)

Forty minutes later I made it to work. I didn't notice my new co-worker's car in the parking lot, so I totally missed the fact that I wasn't the first person in the office. I tried to open the already open door with my key, and was then slightly embarrassed to open the door and see my co-worker staring at me from the copier.

Her: "How's it going today?"
Me: "Oh, you know. Just a typical Tuesday."










No comments:

Post a Comment