Tuesday, February 21, 2012

EFGH

So, back at the beginning of the year, I thought it would be fun to title each blog with a single word, and have the content of the blog be somewhat related to the title word.  Also, I thought it would be fun to have the title words follow an alphabetical order.  By the time the year was over, I would have gone through the alphabet twice!  Then...I don't know, the last four weeks happened.  I thought about giving up and just going back to just writing on a particular topic and coming up with creative titles for each. However, I decided I wasn't going to give up, and that letting all the letters pile up like this was going to let me make up my own word.  Therefore, I introduce to you:

EFGH- all four letters said quickly together creates a word that allows me to vent my frustration and then laugh about it.  Don't think that's possible?  Observe a great example of creating random words that express frustration but make you laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSrdlacQIe4

Having seen that, you now understand that I can make up that word and it is totally valid!

It helped today when I missed out on a totally awesome deal on contact lenses because I decided not to use my government computer to make a purchase on Groupon.  (It's common sense, really, but I still felt bad when I missed the deal)

It helped when I missed making it to the bank by two minutes because of an incredibly frustrating situation at work.  Also, I was going to the bank (a traffic nightmare away) to cash some checks (worth $1.50 and $6.00) that I got as repayment for a washer eating my money and three dryers that refused to work.

It helped when the dog started yelping because he hurt himself...again.  How so?  He thinks that when I walk up to the door, it magically opens in front of us.  So as I reach to pull out my keys and unlock the door, he lunges forward to head in the door, and hits his head on the door.

It helped today after I spent an hour working on making eggplant Parmesan for dinner.  It is probably the worst dish I have ever made.  I have made it successfully before, but had no such luck this time, even after picking out a great recipe, learning how to pick out a ripe eggplant, and spending an inordinate amount of time trying to cut the eggplant "just so."

In the long run, it really is just a word, and it really doesn't mean anything, but any time I think about it, I end up laughing, and that's all that matters!

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment