Sunday, January 9, 2011

See: Resolution #10

At the end of each one of my client sessions, I have to ask the client to write a nutritional goal for themselves.  Not just any goal, but a specific goal like, "I promise to eat okra."  It has to be measurable too like, "I promise to eat okra every day." And there needs to be a time frame like, "I promise to eat okra every day for the next week, beginning at my lunch meal."  It gets to be a painful process.

In any case, between two of my nutrition classes in college and my job, I have gotten REALLY good at writing measurable, specific goals.  So I decided that I would take this talent of mine and write some super incredible goals that will help me become a super-duper person in 2011.  (I cannot believe that I just wrote 2011.)

1.) I resolve to teach my dog to find a place to sleep other than the one 4'x4' area that connects the kitchen, living room, and hallway by the end of January.  I REALLY hate tripping over him.  Really, really hate it.
2.) I resolve to not eat out of Tupperware at any point during the year.  Another way of reading this: I resolve to keep all my plates and bowls clean so I don't have to resort to eating out of Tupperware.
3.) I resolve that beginning in the month of February, I will stop using the chair by my front door as a dumping ground when I come home.  I mean, it's the ONLY chair that directly faces the T.V.  It's REALLY frustrating to have to keep cleaning that chair off when I want to watch T.V..  Hmmm...maybe I should just dump all that stuff on the table  instead... (Life is so hard, right?)
4.) I resolve to go grocery shopping each week, if for no other reason than it means I will have an abundant supply of plastic bags, which are useful when you have a dog, if you know what I mean.
5.) I resolve to drink or use every drop of milk I buy before the milk expires.  Milk is expensive down here and I think I've used maybe a quarter of what I've bought the entire time I've been down here.
6.) I resolve to vacuum the floor every time I see my dog shed. I want to apologize now to my neighbors for having to listen to my vacuum running 24/7.  Maybe I should change this resolution to, "I resolve to shave my dog."
7.) I resolve to spend at least one weekend a month at Sullivan's Island during the spring, summer and early fall, maybe more. Because it's just not right to live close to a beach and not visit regularly.
8.) I resolve to write a post for this blog at least once a week, because you know you are all interested in the mundane happenings that make up my life.
9.) I resolve to learn how to make pancakes.  More specifically, I resolve to learn how to make pancakes that actually resemble traditional pancakes when I'm done cooking them.
10.) I resolve to stop procrastinating. You know, like waiting to write my resolutions until the middle of January when I really wanted to write them on, you know, the first!

Well readers, it is getting later in the evening and time to start staring down the barrel of another Monday.  I should practice resolution #10 and stop procrastinating the entire process of getting ready for bed/preparing for work.  Sleep tight and keep an eye out for the freezing rain that's coming! (For me anyways, might have an ice day tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment